The Fifth Biennial International Conference on Mathematics and Computation in Music(MCM2015) will be held on 22-25 June-2015 at Queen Mary University of London in the United Kingdom. MCM is the flagship conference of the Society for Mathematics and Computation in Music, whose official publication is the Journal of Mathematics and Music.
The aim of the conference is to bring together researchers from around the world who adopt mathematical and/or computational approaches to address any aspect of music theory, music analysis, composition and performance. MCM aims to provide a dedicated platform for the communication and exchange of ideas amongst researchers in mathematics, informatics, music theory, composition, musicology, and related disciplines.
We welcome submissions on any topic relating to mathematics and/or computation and music, including (but not limited to):
- Mathematical and computational models of and/or approaches to
- musicology, music theory and analysis, composition
- musical performance and improvisation
- the perception and cognition of any aspect of musical structure
- music and emotion
- musical learning and education
- musical interaction and gestures
- Logical, philosophical and methodological aspects of mathematics and computation in music
- The history of mathematics and computation in music
- Applications of mathematical music theory and computational tools for musicians, musicologists and others who work with music
We invite submissions of the following types:
- Long papers (10-12 pages in the Springer LNCS style) to be presented orally
- Short papers (4-6 pages in the Springer LNCS style) to be presented as posters
- Panel discussions
- Workshops and tutorials
Accepted papers will be published by Springer in an edited volume in the series Lecture Notes in Computer Science, as were the proceedings of previous MCM conferences. For further details on the submissions guidelines for each of these types please checkout the “Submission” site.
The deadline for all types of submission is : Friday 9 January 2015.