The School of Media, Film and Music (MFM) at the University of Sussex is pleased to invite applications to study for a PhD.
We offer expert supervision in the following areas:
- Creative and Critical Practice
- Film Studies
- Gender Studies (Humanities)
- Media and Cultural Studies (including Journalism Studies)
- Music/Musical Composition/Music Theatre
As a member of CHASE, the AHRC Doctoral Training Partnership, MFM is able to offer a number of studentships to well-qualified candidates. CHASE is the Consortium for the Humanities and the Arts in Southeast England, a partnership of 7 institutions (Sussex, UEA, Kent, Goldsmiths, Essex, the Courtauld Institute and the Open University). £17m has been awarded to provide doctoral training and to promote excellence in research, including the funding of 75 scholarships this year.
Successful applicants to MFM will be eligible to compete for these studentships. For UK students, these awards cover both fees and maintenance and for EU residents awards are on a fees only basis. MFM has an outstanding record in research, and is currently home to over 90 research students who contribute actively to our lively interdisciplinary research culture. Our students have a good track record in attracting funding.
- For more information about the School, its Research Centres, our faculty and their research interests, please visit: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/mfm/
- You can also find more information about doctoral research at Sussex via our Doctoral School website: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/doctoralschool/
- For information about how to apply, see: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/pg/2015/research
- If you would like to visit the campus and talk to faculty, please come to our Postgraduate Open Evening on 3rd December: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/visitus/pg/phdevenings
- or get in touch with the School’s Director of Doctoral Studies, Dr. Kate Lacey, who is happy to answer any questions about our doctoral programmes and the application process:firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications (including all supporting information such as references, etc.) is January 14th 2015. You are encouraged to contact the School as soon as possible to start the application process.